BMC accepts all students regardless of their nationalities or gender and grants them equal rights and privileges to participate in its programs and activities. The College believes in segregated education between male and female students and embraces it. However, it provides them with equal treatment in rights and duties.
The College aspires with such policy to achieve the highest ethical and academic standards that are consistent with our cultural heritage and Islamic identity.
BMC assists its international registered students in getting the "Student Visa" according to the regulations of visas issuing system applied in Saudi Arabia.
If students are in the final year of secondary school , they are encouraged to apply for early admission by submitting official grade reports from at least the last two years pervious to the final year of secondary school (since seats are usually limited, it is especially important for applicants to the college of Medicine (MBBS) and Dentistry (BDS) to apply early to reserve a seat . Moreover, applicants with the highest grades who have the required TOFEL score, will be given priority in admission consideration. Early admission is only offered to highly qualified applicants and is not considered final until students submit the whole registration requirements of BMC.
A student can register after the expiry of the registration period until one month from the start of academic year according to the academic calendar. This registration is only possible if there are available seats in the major in which students interested to study.
The late registration fee is Sr. 500.00 (This is added to the regular registration fee Sr. 4000.00)
Admission and Registration requirements:
- Students' admission to BMC is in accordance to the criteria established by the Ministry of Higher Education and the College Administration. BMC encourages students who achieved a high average in High School to join its faculty.
- Holders of "High School Certificate" from Saudi Arabia or equivalent certificates from other countries are allowed to join BMC if they attain the minimum score accepted by the College.
- Holders of IGCSE, GCSE, or the American High School Diploma with an average not less than 75% are allowed to join BMC. The subjects studied should include Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Mathematics.
- Students with high grades in the above diplomas can apply for the exam of exemption from the foundation year.
- Holders of "High School Certificate" or any equivalent local, regional or international certificates must have their certificates authenticated by the Ministry of Education in Saudi Arabia.
- The High School Certificate or its equivalent should be issued within five years prior to registration.
- An applicant must not have any disciplinary action taken against him/her prior to joining BMC.
- Students should fulfill all necessary documents for admission.
Rules of Acceptance:
The terms and rules of acceptance for admission to the college are the same for each student regardless of gender, race or nationality. A student must pass the english language test, medical examination, in addition to other requirements set by the specific faculty the student wishes to join. Batterjee Medical College accepts students who meet the following conditions:
- Holders of the secondary school certificate, or equivalent, with no less than accumulative average of 70%.Completes the admission requirements approved by the Council of the Batterjee Medical College, and which is in accordance with the laws and regulations of the organization of private universities. (The foundation year is mandatory for the student who hold the Saudi high school certificate)
- If the student scores 85% and more at the end of the foundation year, he/she has the right to choose and apply to any college (major) in BMC.
- If student scores less than 85%, he/she can apply for any section except dentistry and medicine.
- The following table demonstrates the scores the students needs in order to be accepted in a certain college (major):
|Medicine or Dentistry||85%|
|Nursing or HA||
6. The student should not exceed the age of 28 years.
7. Pay the registration fees which is non-refundable in addition to the other expenses.
PLEASE NOTE: International Students would need to pay the full tuition fee of the particular academic year if they want to get the Student Visa from BMC.
8. The student must pass a medical check up.
9. The College does not accept students who have been expelled from other Universities.
10. Students who hold an international certificate (GCE, IGCE, IBT, SAT, American High School Diploma, etc.) should secure the equivalence for their degree from the Ministry of Higher Education in Saudi Arabia. This certificate of equivalence will state that the degree held by the candidate is equivalent to the Saudi Secondary School Certificate.
A necessary requirement for registration is that the student has completed 12 years of scholastic education (i.e.: finished grade 12 of schooling).
PLEASE NOTE: Securing the equivalence is the responsibility of the student. To get Equivalence from the Ministry of Higher Education, they need 5 O-levels and 1 A level, or 5 O levels and 2 AS levels. Only for International Certificate holders. All Students should pass the TOEFL exam any time before the first year of admission date. The score should be as mentioned in below chart. If the student did not submit the TOEFL exam, BMC will would not allow the student to get the college services.
Note: Student(s) who have already TOEFL, IELTS or STEP with same marks mentioned below is exempted.
12. Students with special needs will be only admitted to the faculty of Health Administration. This decision is based on the rules and regulations of the College Council.
13. Students should pass the TOEFL exam any time before the 2nd year of their major. The score should be 500 and above.
14. Students who wish to be exempted from the foundation year should pass the Evaluation Admission test.(The exam is possible only for students with international certificates or students transferred from other universities) (The exam is not optional; the academic department will enable the student to take the exam according to the evaluation of his/her transcript). The cost of these tests is a non refundable SR7000. Students, who pass the Evaluation test, will not pay the registration fees. If the student fails the test, and wishes to join the foundation year, he/she will be also exempted from paying the registration fees. If the student fails in the Evaluation test and doesn't wish to continue with BMC, the SR7000 will not be refunded.
15. Students who hold Saudi Secondary School certificate (litrature section or sharia'h), can only join the faculties of Health Adminstration and Technology Information System.
16. Students need to submit the original copies of the admission requirements to complete the process of registration
17. Student must provide any other requirements specified by the College Board at the time of the application.
18. The high school certificate of the student(s) should not be older than 5 years at the time of registration in BMC.
19. If student will not join the college without any prior information a month after the academic year starts, the student's registration will be canceled.
The regulatory board of each faculty defining the curriculum and the number of hours allocated for each course. Studying in the university is based on a full year program.
تاريخ آخر تحديث (الأحد, 30 سبتمبر 2012 11:58)